I love shopping local. Especially when it’s local to my home sweet home in West Virginia! Here are some great gift items to share with your favorite mountain man or woman. And yes, I’ve personally sampled/used everything I’m recommending. (And currently have a craving for a pepperoni roll with fig jelly–wouldn’t that be GOOD??)
- Ron Hinkle Glass – Ron is world-renowned for his blown glass and his workshop is about 5 miles from where I grew up! I have a collection of his ornaments and am thinking of adding the Mountain Stream Teardrop design pictured below.
- WV Fruit & Berry – No one can make jelly like my mom, but the folks at WV Fruit & Berry come close. The black raspberry is my favorite, and my husband loves the fig!
- Pepperoni Rolls – I’ll go out on a limb and suggest you order your holiday rolls from the Country Club Bakery in Fairmont. Some say they invented this WV specialty. Some say they didn’t. All I know is that they’ll delivery these beauties to your door where you can pop them in your oven to get all that good pepperoni grease soaking into the crusty bread. Need I say more?
- WV Sea Salt – Sea salt from a landlocked state? Yup. Let’s just say it’s been in the ground a while. J.Q. Dickinson Saltworks offers beautiful salts as well as other gift items. All gorgeously presented. The flavored salts make great hostess gifts!
- Holls Chocolates – You really can’t go wrong with chocolate. I love sending sweets from my home state as thank you or appreciation gifts. And then maybe order a box for myself!
- Gauley River Pottery – I found my favorite mug at this shop located in a historic general store/post office that was the inspiration for the store in The Finder of Forgotten Things! I have the Love Mug (of course, I do!).