- Fall color! Red and gold, rust, sunshine yellow, orange so vivid it makes you feel warm . . . I can’t get enough. When I go on hikes I’m prone to coming home with a multicolored bouquet of leaves.
- Crunching through leaves on forest trails. I used to love jumping in piles of leaves and I’m still willing to take a leap or two, but it tends to make me itchy. So scuffling through the windfall is good enough for me!
- Crisp fall air and that cerulean blue sky. It just makes me feel alive.
- Beef stew, lasagna, chili, and all those other cool weather dishes I haven’t wanted since temps climbed over the summer. A glass of red wine won’t go amiss, either.
- Sweaters and turtlenecks and scarves. Cozy clothing that makes me feel snug (and hides the effects of beef stew and lasagna).
- Halloween–a great excuse to play dress up and eat candy. It’s the one day of the year I can wear a tiara or angel wings without drawing undue attention.
- Thanksgiving–turkey and dressing and mashed potatoes and cranberry salad and sweet potato pie. Oh, and spending time with family while being thankful. That’s good, too.
So how about you? What’s your favorite part of fall?