Curling Up with a Book Weather
Although winter doesn’t officially start until mid-December, we’re definitely feeling the season’s approach here in the Appalachian mountains. Tuesday’s forecast high is 25–eek! There are a few spots of color still lingering on the mostly bare trees, but it’s clear that fall is waning fast. The wind is growing more fierce and my overstuffed reading chair with its cozy throw is looking more and more inviting.
Time to do some serious reading!
Here’s what’s in my stack of things to read as winter begins to nose around the house and sneak through the door every time we open it:
- Secrets of a Charmed Life – Susan Meissner (I’m nearly finished and it’s FABULOUS.)
- Love’s Fortune – Laura Frantz
- Shrewd: Daring to Live the Startling Command of Jesus – Rick Lawrence
- Lizzy & Jane – Katherine Reay
- Out of the Storm: A Novella – Jody Hedlund
An embarrassment of riches! Of course, my stack is even taller, but these are the ones at the top. I get nervous if I ever find myself without something to read “next.” So what’s in your stack of books for winter reading? What have you read lately that you’d recommend?